Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let Go and Let God

My name is Sarah and I am a worrier and over-thinker. I have been a worrier since the day I graced the world with my presence. I worry about things most people don't even think about. Currently I have been worrying about how I will ever be able to afford the wedding of my dreams. Please keep in mind I am single and have never been in a relationship. Clearly there are bigger things I should be focusing on. In high school I worried that they would decide to ring the bell early and not tell me, so I would get to school at least 30 minutes early. See, I told you I worry a lot!!

One of the things I have had to learn (and continue to learn) is to let go and let God. Some days this concept is as easy as breathing for me. Other days I really struggle to grasp it. I once heard this really great quote "I don't tell God how big my fears are. I tell my fears how great my God is." To me that is such a true and powerful statement.

Here is where I struggle with giving my fears to God: I look at my fears and think that they are too minor of an issue to give to Him. Why burden Him with my fears, though they are very overwhelming for me, when there are obviously must bigger issues in the world?

This is where the battle of self worth rears its ugly head. You have to know that, just as you are right now, you are enough and you are worthy. There are days when this is a struggle, but the one's were you don't have to question your self worth, you just know that you are worthy, well those days are what it's all about.

And if you are trying to decide if something is worthy of your worry, ask yourself this: will my worry change the outcome? If the answer is yes, then by all means continue to worry. But I bet the answer will be no. Once you come to that conclusion, let go and let God.


Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment