Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just Haven't Met You Yet

"Wherever you are, whenever it's right, you'll come out of nowhere and into my life..." Michael Buble

A few months ago I was reading a magazine when it mentioned a website where the blogger writes a letter to her future husband (she's currently single) everyday.  Some of the letters were funny, some were sad, but they were all very honest.  The more I thought about the letters, the more I wondered what I would write to my future husband.  Truthfully I thought it would be a sarcastic letter asking him why it took him so long to find me.  What I actually wrote surprised even myself.  Here is my letter:

My Dearest Husband,

I don't even know who you are and yet I love you to my very core and think about you daily.  Our marriage will be a lot of work, but there isn't a job that I want more than you and me.  I can't wait for the road trips, lazy Sunday's in bed, nights spent cuddling on the couch, dinners cooked with great conversations and wine.  Truthfully, I simply cannot wait for us.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  I'm far from perfect; however I promise to make you and our marriage a priority.  And here's a little fact about me: I'm not a big believer in right and wrong.  Usually, I just want to be heard.  We will be an amazing journey - I just know it!

Love-
Sarah

After writing this letter, I realized some things: I’m okay being alone, but I’d rather be in a relationship. A real loving committed relationship. The kind where we each make the other person and the relationship a priority. Being alone isn’t a bad thing or anything to be ashamed of. I’d just rather have the laughter, tears, pictures, memories and stories from an amazing life with someone. For the longest time I thought fancy cars, name brand purses and shiny jewelry would make me happy and prove to me that someone loved me. But I’ve realized that I’d much rather have a hand to hold, a shoulder to lean on, a sweet good morning kiss and someone who has my back unconditionally much more. 

So what would your letter say?  If you're single, what would you want to tell your future husband or wife?  If you're in a relationship, what would you tell your significant other, after knowing all of their quirks, flaws, pluses and minuses? 

And to help inspire you, here's Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet" video.



Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment