Monday, January 2, 2012

Inspiring You Inspiring Me

"Courage has a ripple effect.  Every time we choose courage, we make everyone around us a little better and the world a little braver." Brene Brown

Every day we can choose to be courageous, take leaps of faith and be brave.  Here are some of the people and websites that help make these choices a little bit easier and a lot more fun! 

The Single Woman  Twitter: @TheSingleWoman If you aren't signed up for Twitter, you should just to read her tweets throughout the day.  She is such an inspiration for all women, not just the single ones.  And though I don't know her personally, she makes you feel like you could easily be best friends. 

Brene Brown Twitter: @BreneBrown Vulnerability Researcher and Brilliant Genius (my opinion!).  I was introduced to Brene by my therapist (and I believe everyone should have one) and I have been inspired ever since.  If you haven't already, do yourself a huge favor and watch her Ted Talk, which I posted below. 



The Daily Love Twitter: @TheDailyLove  I highly encourage you to sign up for the daily emails.  They are the first thing I read every morning, so I can start my day off right. 

Brave Girls Club Twitter @bravegirlsclub  They have daily emails that you can sign up for and they will heal your soul!  I have cried my way through more than one of them.  They also offer amazing online courses to help you along your life journey.

Curvy Yoga Twitter: @CurvyYoga I found her website when I was looking at the Choose Love Project website (more on this below) and was immediately inspired.  I've always wanted to try yoga, but kept saying I would wait until I lost all my weight.  The reality is you can do yoga no matter your size.  Now, if only I lived in Nashville so I could attend her classes...

The Choose Love Project Twitter: @ChooseLoveProj  I honestly don't remember how I found out about this project, but I am so thankful that I did.  The Choose Love Project helps all women learn to love their bodies and work on their relationship with food and exercise.  I will admit that I cried my way through all of the stories and healed a little piece of myself with each one.  Maybe one day I'll submit my letter.

Be courageous. Be brave.  Be inspired.

Until Next Time,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for the shout-out! I am very honored. While you might not be able to get to class with me in person, I do have some free podcasts on my site (Resources page) so you can give yoga a whirl. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete