Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 2: Describe a Moment When Being Single Really Sucked

I am posting this as part of The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge. 

So here's the thing, most days I really love being single.  Yes I do want to be in a relationship and eventually get married, but for now I am really enjoying this time being single.  I can do exactly what I want to do right now and I don't have to think about anyone else.  I can focus solely on me and be as undomesticated as I want (hello wine, cheese and crackers for dinner!). 

But there was one day a few weeks ago where being single really sucked: Everything about that day felt like a battle, especially at work.  Just trying to get the simplest of answers was like pulling teeth.  People weren't responding in the time frame I needed them to, and when they did, they didn't have the answer I needed.  There was nothing earth shattering or horrible that happened.  It was just a day where, by the end of it, you felt like the world had beat you up.  Work was frustrating and my personal life wasn't much better.  I spent a good portion of the evening stressing and over thinking every little thing.  Things that more than likely will never happen - I spent hours worrying about them.  No matter how hard I tried to, I couldn't stop the downward over thinking spiral.

At the end of the day, I so desperately wanted someone to come home to.  Someone who would give me a hug when I got home and tell me that they were sorry I had a long day.  Someone I could have texted an S.O.S. to earlier in the day - long frustrating day ahead, bring lots of wine tonight. xoxo  But alas there was no one send the text to.  It was another day where I had to take care of myself - go to bed early and pray that tomorrow will be a better day. 


Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment